Friday 28 August 2009

Malchus and us

Shalom viewers!
Thank God for a week of holiday. Its a good breather for me although it might be boring for me sometimes but still thank God!

I'd like to share something with you which really touched me when meditating on the 2nd station of the cross where Jesus was betrayed and arrested in the Garden of Gethsemane

This is a picture where Peter cuts off Malchus' ear in wanting to protect Jesus.


I was looking at the Gospel according to John ( John 18:1-11)

What God impressed on my heart was the high priest's servant Malchus whose ear Peter cut off with a knife in responding to defend Jesus.

As i meditated on it, it strikes me that we too are like Malchus.
We deserve to be cut into pieces because of our sins. BUT Jesus in His infinite mercies has not done so.
INSTEAD He took our infirmities, our sins, our wounds and pains, our wrongdoings and put them on His body.

He then took us from the doom which we were going towards and set us on a place where we could stand. He healed our wounds and restored us to become the person He wants us to be.

How loving is our God!

Jesus too is so loving as He in His painful and bitter baptism showed such great mercy!
As the redeemed, let us strive to become like Him each day!

I hope you are encouraged by this post =)


Shalom and blessings to you in Jesus Name!